I believe in the power of a strong therapeutic relationship. From experience I know that when people experience a genuinely non-judgmental, collaborative and trusting environment – something miraculous happens!
So when I welcome you into therapy, I will make no assumptions about you. My goal is to assist you in increasing your self-awareness, to enable you to discover fresh perspectives, to experience healing and to implement practical change. I will draw on a range therapeutic techniques in order that your personal therapy is tailored just for you. (Please ask if you are interested in knowing more).
My interest in spirituality means that I am open and attuned to matters of the soul as they present themselves in therapy. I have a gentle and respectful curiosity for the individuality of each human-being.
Working at Ashburnham Place has given me the opportunity to develop our own unique form of Eco-therapy. I love my work and feel grateful everyday to be working in this beautiful and peaceful place.
I have a Dip.H.E. in Counselling and am a member of the ‘British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy’. I am committed to on-going personal and professional development, an aspect of which is fortnightly professional Supervision.
Ashburnham Place Therapy Professional Conduct and Legal Status
- Our Counsellors are members of and adhere to the ethical framework of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Our Counsellors are professionally insured and registered under the Data Protection Act.
- We offer all clients, a written ‘Counselling Agreement’ at the start of counselling.
- We have an established Complaints Procedure of which you will be advised at the start of counselling.
- Each Counsellor is required to meet at least monthly with an independent, professional Supervisor in order to assess and improve their work.